Delish Recipes by John Morley: Dracula Dentures
It’s Halloween and we’ve got just the recipe to serve up to your trick or treaters this evening! Our Dracula Dentures are the perfect combination of sweet and scary… so why not bake them to see?
For the cookies:
- 380 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 227 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 247 grams light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 340 grams dark chocolate chips
For the filling:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Sliced Almonds
- John Morley Strawberry Filling
- Preheat oven to 175ºC and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a hand blender beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If time permits, wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24hrs. This makes the cookies thicker and chewier.
- Divide the dough into small0 and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled cut each one in half and spread a thin layer of Strawberry Filling onto each half.
- Place mini marshmallows around the round edges of one half and place the remaining halves on top, then stick a slivered almond on each side to create fangs.