Delish Recipes by John Morley: Mincemeat and Marzipan Tart
This delicious festive tart couldn’t be easier, with bought mincemeat and ready-made pastry.
- 320g pack puff pastry, at room temperature
- 300g John Morley Mincemeat
- 125g marzipan
- 1 British egg, lightly beaten
- Serve with double cream (optional)
- Preheat a baking tray in a 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6 oven
- Lightly roll the pastry in both directions until it’s about the thickness of a 50p coin
- Cut a 23cm circle out and use it to line a shallow, round 19cm cake tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners of the tin, letting it overhang slightly at the edges
- Cut the rest of the pastry into 1cm wide strips
- Spread the mincemeat onto the pastry, then cut the marzipan into pea-sized cubes, and scatter evenly over the top
- Brush the edge of the pastry case with beaten egg and weave the strips across the top, letting them hang over the edges of the tin and leaving a 2cm gap between each
- Gently press the strips of pastry into the edge of the tart to seal, trim off any excess with a knife and brush the top with beaten egg
- Place the tart on the hot baking tray and bake for 30 mins
- Leave to cool for at least 15 mins before serving with whipped double cream, if you like.