Delish Recipe: Mango, Passion Fruit and Banana Eton Mess
- You will need a large bowl or six glasses, each 150–200ml (5–7fl oz) in capacity. You can use small tumblers or saucer champagne glasses.
- Measure the double cream into a large bowl and whisk into soft peaks, then stir in the yoghurt.
- Halve the passion fruit, scoop out the pulp and add to the cream with John Morley’s Mango and Passionfruit Filling. Add the banana slices and broken meringues and gently fold together.
- Divide the mixture between the glasses, shaping the top of the mixture into a peak with your spoon. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Shortly before serving, slice the meringues into shards and insert into the top of each glass. Garnish with a couple of passion fruit wedges and a drizzle of fruit filling.
Note: Prepare Ahead – Best made up to 4 hours ahead (the meringue dissolves if left much longer). Make sure the banana is not in contact with the air or it may discolour.
300ml pouring double cream
200g natural Greek-style yoghurt
3 ripe passion fruit
4 tbsp John Morley’s Mango & Passionfruit Fruit Filling
1 large just-ripe banana, peeled and sliced
10 ready-made meringue nests, broken into large pieces
2 ready-made meringue nests
1 ripe passion fruit, sliced into thin wedges
2 tbsp John Morley Mango & Passionfruit Filling